Sunday, January 8, 2012

Psychedelic Warlords: Appendix N in Pictures

So I'm working on a home campaign of my own for ConstantCon.  I plan to do Galbaruc eventually, but with that one, I think I often get bogged down in "getting the tone just right," and developing it as an internally consistent setting.  For right now, I thought it would be fun to throw logic and internal consistency out the window and go with something that's been lurking inchoate in the back of my mind for a while.


Here's what I'm going for:










































13 comments:

  1. I'm scrolling down thinking "Where's the Blue Oyster Cult? Come one, there has to be some!" Ding! There it is! And my favorite album cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear the stoner rock playing as I scroll...that may just be a flashback, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that floating stone head from Zardoz? Dear God, I'm almost ashamed to admit I knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame has no place, here. Not where there is Zardoz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But to be on topic, I'd totally dig playing in a campaign world invoking this imagery. Love the Moebius and Planet of the Apes shoutout...oh and that Sword album is awesome, by the way. The intro song is epic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moebius, Druillet and stoner rock? You have my attention. Please continue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Realms of Chaos Slaves To Darkness tie in with Boltthrower! Awesome! Planet Of The Apes mixed with the Frazetta Battle Star Galactica book cover nice mix. Me I dream here & live here. Keep on Keep on man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, wow! And what system are you going to use to run this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be using Lamentations of the Flame Princess w/ some modifications and house rules.

      Delete
  9. Can't wait to here more about this place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK I am so in. And for once I'd like to play a spellslinger.
    Also, thanks for compiling a wicked picture set for Carcosa Wacky Races!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looked at this and:

    1. Built a huge playlist at Rhapsody which is, sadly, incomplete.
    2. Wanted to play.

    ReplyDelete